The holiday season is quickly approaching, and so is the demand for some fun, seasonal, mixed drinks! Adding cinnamon to this citrus punch helps give it more of a holiday vibe. I like to enjoy this as a mocktail, but you can add your favorite spirit to turn this into a spiked punch.
- 2.25 cups fresh orange juice
- Strips of zest from 2 navel oranges
- Three 3-inch cinnamon sticks, broken into pieces
- 3 cups fresh orange juice
- 3 cups fresh red grapefruit juice
- 2.5 cups chilled grapefruit soda
- Orange slices and ground cinnamon, for garnish
1. Make the Orange reduction in a small saucepan. Boil the orange juice, orange zest and cinnamon sticks over medium-high heat until reduced to 1 cup (apprx. 8 minutes). Strain and cool.
2. Make the punch in a large glass pitcher, combine the orange reduction with the orange and grapefruit juices. Stir well and refrigerate until chilled (apprx. 1 hour). Just before serving, pour in the grapefruit soda. Dust the orange slices with cinnamon and serve in the punch.
PS - One of my favorite products, EVER. Bottle stoppers. Makes keeping drinks fresh so easy! Also make a great hostess gift. You can find these at West Elm.