This recipe is perfect for Fall and Halloween for all you sugar lovers! Not to mention, a total throwback to my high school days. I absolutely LOVE Reese's Peanut Butter cups. When I was in high school, I would use the little money I made in my paychecks to buy at least two bags of Reese's minis every single week to carry with me and eat during class. Over the years, this has really done a number on my gut. With all the preservatives in traditional Reese's PB Cups, I just can't eat them anymore. HOWEVER, no worries, because these organic, preservative free, homemade chocolate peanut butter bars (that you can turn into cups) are here (and they only take 10 minutes to make!)
- 1.5 cups organic brown sugar
- 1.75 cups organic powdered sugar
- 10 tablespoons organic, unsalted butter, melted
- 1.5 cups organic peanut butter
- 12 ounces organic semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 8x8 or 9x9 baking pan
- small bowl to melt butter
- mixing spoon
- aluminum foil to cover pan
- small sauce pan to melt chocolate
Melt the butter. Put to the side. In mixing bowl, combine brown sugar, powdered sugar, peanut butter and about 80% of the melted butter. Press into baking pan.
Melt the chocolate. Combine with the remainder of the melted butter. Spread over the peanut butter bar.
Chill until completely firm, at least 3 hours or overnight. Serve and enjoy!